LIQUI MOLY continues to back winter sports
October 2017 – Winter time is LIQUI MOLY time. When it gets cold, many products by the German motor oil and additive specialist really show their true potential. And the company logo can be seen at winter sports events around the world. This will remain this way in the coming two seasons. Furthermore, the company is setting its sights on new sports and is investing several million euros. This significantly tops the previous investment for advertising measures in winter sports.
At the Ice Hockey World Championship in Germany and France in May LIQUI MOLY was there as advertising partner for the first time. The response to the involvement at the largest annual wintersports event was so good that the company will once again be sponsor at the world championship in Denmark next year and in Slovakia in 2019.
Speed skating and short track, a special speed skating event, are also a part of the winter sports involvement of LIQUI MOLY for the first time. "The media range, particularly on television, that the events over the past few years have given us has been phenomenal and has caused us to continue on this path," says LIQUI MOLY Marketing Director Peter Baumann. This figure is to increase again with the new sports.
They also promise great potential in markets that are important to LIQUI MOLY, but which are not necessarily associated with winter sports, such as South Korea and China, for example. The sprint world championship in speed skating will be held in Changchun, China in 2018. And two of the four 2017 World Cup competitions in short track are taking place in Shanghai and Seoul in November. The hosts for the competitions in the 2018/19 season are still to be decided. "But they are bound to be in Asia again. This is a region of the world that offers us an extremely large potential for growth," says the Marketing Director.
From September to May LIQUI MOLY will be practically constantly present at 226 event days over the next two winter sports seasons. "When our motorsports events are having their winter break, LIQUI MOLY is playing on other stages. This ensures our brand is practically permanently visible in sports and the media. At the same time, we are increasing the brand awareness outside of motorsports."
The involvement of LIQUI MOLY comprises the following competitions:
• FIS Nordic Combined World Cup 2017/18 and 2018/19
• FIS Ski Jumping World Cup 2017/18 and 2018/19
• RAW AIR 2018 and 2019 (part of the Ski Jumping World Cup)
• AUDI FIS Ski World Cup 2017/18 and 2018/19
• FIS Ski Flying World Championships 2018
• Ice Hockey World Championships 2018 and 2019
• ISU Speed Skating World Cup & Championships 2017/18
• ISU Short Track World Cup & Championships 2017/18 and 2018/19
• BMW IBSF Bobsleigh + Skeleton World Cup & World Championship 2017/18 and 2018/19
• FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2019
The host countries of the competitions already known are in:
• Europe: Germany, Slovenia, Italy, Netherlands, Andorra, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Belarus and Russia
• North America: USA and Canada
• Asia: China, South Korea
Peter Baumann: "We are involved in winter sports because the sports chosen by us have followers around the world. This allows us to bring people closer to the LIQUI MOLY brand at the host locations and via the media."
- +49 731 1420-189
- +49 731 1420-82