Emotion, tension, drama: Oberstdorf 2021 with our global brand
It was and still is an unusual time for everyone. No easy circumstances for top-class sports without spectators. This is all the more important when there are events showing that things are going well despite the coronavirus crisis, and you can make the best of them somehow! Entirely in the spirit of LIQUI MOLY: Now more than ever!
The Nordic World Ski Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf certainly proved all of this. After 1987 and 2005, this prestigious sporting event took place in the Oberallgäu district for the third time.
Almost two full weeks with decisions in 24 competitions – unique due to the restrictions in times of pandemic, but also unique thanks to the outstanding performance of the athletes, teams and organizers who tackled these unusual challenges together.
Whether in the daily news, in the ZDF Sportstudio or in other relevant sports shows on television: Wherever there was emotion, excitement and drama, our logo was there. On hoardings, on start numbers, in the press zone.
It is such a pity that this “winter wonderland” is already over, but we are already looking forward to the return of motorsport and other great sporting events: At the end of March, the MotoGP and Formula 1 premier events will be launched again, together with further highlights, such as the WTCR and the European Truck Racing Championship ETRC. LIQUI MOLY and high-performance sport, two things that simply belong together. But now is the time to bid “farewell” to the Nordic World Ski Championships with a few highlights:
There was a lot going on! This is why we have summarized the most important facts once again:
- 2 stadiums: Ski jumping on the Schattenberg hill, cross country in the Ried stadium
- 700 athletes from over 60 countries, with 1,400 volunteers
- 24 medal decisions on 11 competition days – 135 medals were awarded
- Almost 895 start numbers with the Liqui Moly logo
- 330 broadcasters & 220 media representatives on site
- Ski Jump Single Men, large hill: 1st Stefan Kraft (AUT), 2nd Robert Johannson (NOR), 3rd Karl Geiger (GER)
- Ski Jump Team Men, large hill, Sat 6 Mar: 1st Germany (Puis Paschke, Severin Freund, Markus Eisenbichler, Karl Geiger), 2nd Austria (Philipp Aschenwald, Jan Hörl, Daniel Huber, Stefan Kraft), 3rd Poland (Piotr Zyla, Andrzey Stekala, Kamil Stoch, Dawid Kubacki)
LIQUI MOLY could hardly be missed on TV. Sensational TV coverage demonstrated the great interest of sports enthusiasts:
- 55 million live TV coverage in Germany on ARD/ZDF
- 20.74 million live TV coverage in Germany on ARD/ZDF at events with LIQUI MOLY start numbers
- 4.31 million top TV coverage in Germany on ARD with LIQUI MOLY start numbers (28 Feb, Ski Jump Mixed Team)
- 34 TV stations broadcast WC pictures in over 180 countries